Ali G Indahouse

Viewed in
2009

Premise
Sacha Baron Cohen's British wangsta character is elected to Parliament.

Who should watch
Those who want an excellent fish-out-of-water comedy with a British twist.

Thoughts
This film made me laugh a lot.

I have never seen 'Da Ali G Show', so this was my first time exposed to his character and was thoroughly entertained. The performances very charming and there were numerous jokes that I thought were well-done. I'm sure I missed some British jokes, but overall the crude, idiot, satirical humor was very universal.

While his performance as Borat was much braver, I definitely was glad to know Cohen is capable of broader comedy. Speaking of Borat, I loved his cameo! As a fan of the original 'The Office', I was also impressed with Martin Freeman's range of comedy talent. Lastly, I was shocked to find Dumbledore in here.

The main flaw was that the plot did not bring anything new to the fill-in-the-blank turns fill-in-the-blank upside down by being elected to fill-in-the-blank.

Funny, formulaic, British sense of humor.

What I would change
Nothing.