Air Guitar Nation

Viewed in
2010

Premise
A documentary about the 2003 World Air Guitar Championships, the first time U.S. contestants attended.

Loved
The rock music.

Liked
The goofy charm.

Disliked
The bad volume issues.

Thoughts
A nice, goofy, and rockin' documentary.

It had a good story, centered around C-Diddy and Bjorn Turoque's rivalry as they attempted to be America's first world champion. On a side note, speaking as an arrogant American, how dare they hold such a competition without even inviting the country that invented rock and roll?

All the interviews were entertaining. The contestants were dorky and charming onstage and off the stage. My favorite moments were the uncut performance footage of Diddy and Turoque. Last but not least, there was awesome rock music going on throughout the film.

My biggest problem was volume of the film. During the whole time, the dialogue was too quiet and the music was too loud. Either I was blowing out my ears, or struggling to tweak the volume up and down.

I had fun getting exposed to this goofy subculture. This would be a fun film for families, if it was not for the explicit lyrics... and the naked air guitarist. That was disturbing.

Now if you'll excuse me, time for some "Rock Band" video gaming!

What I would change
Fixed the volume imbalance.